Here at Metrosity we have a goal to showcase public transportation stars (yes, we think they are stars) from across the globe. To do that, we need your help!
If you find yourself on some form of public transportation (bus, train, trolley – you get the idea) and you see something (or someone) that you think is worthy of being featured on this blog, here is what you do:
1. First and foremost – this blog is dedicated to capturing the entertaining moments experienced when using public transportation. Yes, we make fun of people – but not for things like: race, gender, sexuality etc. We make fun of people for doing things they shouldn’t do on trains, like: eat, sleep, drool, be generally disgusting etc. Please keep this in mind when contributing.
2. Do not be obvious! If you are trying to capture a candid moment, try to use common sense and keep these pointers in mind:
- If you are using your cellphone, put it on silent or mute it first. Some phones make an audible camera “click / snap” noise when taking pictures.
- Remember people behind you can see what you are seeing. Just because your subject doesn’t “catch you” taking their picture – it doesn’t mean someone behind you won’t see it. As a general rule – best to make sure your back is to a wall or at least block the view of your phone / camera viewfinder.
3. Do not review the photo you just snapped right after taking it. Wait till you are off the train or away from your “star” to check out your photos.
4. Pictures taken sideways, upside down or otherwise crooked are all good. Sometimes you have to be super ninja like to capture your Metrosity. But – make sure it is clear, blurry pics will not work.
4. Never, ever, ever (get it?) take a picture that you think will put you in harm’s way at all. We are not advocating some war journalist-esque effort here. Some Metrosity stars are unstable enough without provocation of being the subject of your little photo-shoot. Use your common sense here.
Got something you want to share? Send it our way: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us where you took the picture and what the details were. Also, be sure to mention your Twitter handle or website if you want us to shout you out in the post.